10.20.2008

The Best Day in a long time

I so love my job. In what other profession could you get paid to read your Bible, listen to music and go shopping when you want to? I had a great day today, and I am so blessed by God. Although, even if I'd had a horrible day, I am still blessed beyond measure by my gracious Savior. 
So, I got up early this morning to read my Bible, and felt like I had a hard time concentrating because I was so tired. I went to work, took Pearce to my house to get my Hebrews study guide, and then dropped him off at his music makers class. I had a full hour and 15 minutes to spend by myself. I enjoyed a hot earl grey tea misto, and completed the entire study. I read lots of the Bible references, and so appreciated the time where I didn't have to be distracted. I picked Pearce up and we went to Chinook to get some lunch. Didn't have the best choice there, but walked around with him. I sure enjoy my little friend. Pearce fell asleep on the way to get his brother from school, so I had 45 minutes or so to read my Bible again, and Piper's devotional for the day. I so appreciate the work other godly Christians have done so I can learn more about the Bible. 
After picking Will up, we went back to their house and I folded laundry for the rest of the time, along with spending time with the boys. I got off work right at 501 and drove to spend time with my mom. I now get to spend time with my dad and DJ. 
Above all, I have the secure hope of heaven found in Christ, because of His perfect sacrifice on the cross, and that is sufficient. He has fulfilled the law and offered the blood sacrifice in payment of my debt. May I never forget this great mercy. That is why I had the best day in a long time - Christ paid for my sins, and I have hope for eternity, and today I could think longer on this by studying and dwelling on His word. I can only hope and pray that Will, Pearce, and many others will find this same hope and joy in Christ. 


1 Peter 1:3-9
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

No comments: