10.16.2008

Seems like every time I have something of note to write, I can't get to a computer! UGH!
I have so many thoughts running in and out of my head lately:
1. I'm not sure how to treat the boys I nanny sometimes, because I am easily more strict then their parents.
2. There are so many places I want to visit, and I don't actually make the effort to go often.. or I just can't make the effort.
3. I hope my friends know how much I care about them, even if I can't always spend the time with them.
4. I love children, and they bring me lots of joy, but sometimes I just wish I had my own instead of borrowing someone else's.
5. I have 51 days until I get married, and my life then will be rather different. Kind of excited about that...
6. It's so easy for me to say things about myself to elevate myself in other people's eyes.. I don't like that. I want to be honest and truthful, because "he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9. Therefore, I want to let others know my weaknesses and, above all, Christ's strength. Look! Look how wretched and pathetic I am! What a gracious God to reach into my dirty, unrepentant heart and take it out and give me a new one! I have been enabled by Christ to keep the New Covenant in His blood, because He was the perfect sacrifice, and He has given the Holy Spirit to work in my heart that I might long for the Father.
7. I really want to eat healthy, but I find I am frustrated because it seems rather impossible. I try at work to eat healthy, but since I eat the food that's there, I don't have a large amount of choice. At least now I am walking and moving a lot lately, so hopefully I can keep my weight the same at least until my wedding. However, I'm not just worried about my wedding; I want to keep a healthy weight and figure for a long time, so that means doing what I can to take good care of my body. I really need to start exercising regularly. I do walk and move lots at work, but I don't think that's exactly enough.
8. I want to learn so much more about the Bible and be careful what I put in my head throughout the day. I long for more diligence and hunger for Christ, because I feel sometimes like my spiritual fervor is lacking. However, I was reminded by talking with the women at Calvary Grace Bible Study last night, that I do need to remember that I must be content with Christ's timing, dwelling simply on Him and His promises, and thanking Him for what He has done in me already. I am so grateful for an encouraging and pushing Bible Study and Church. I long to be made more like Christ, and I am so thankful He is using His body to sharpen me and make me more like Him.
9. I talk a lot. Sometimes I wish I didn't.
10. I am nervous about talking with my boss today about the things I've mentioned to her about my pay. I was supposed to be paid yesterday, but she's waiting until we can talk about it. Grr. Then I might not be paid until tomorrow! Lord, give me grace and wisdom!
11. I really think I need to go play with Pearce. I sure enjoy spending time with him, so I better not take it for granted.

No comments: