1.15.2009

I have had the immense privilege to listen to Piper sermons on my way to work in the morning. I wouldn't trade this time for anything, except for Jesus to come back so I can see Him face to face!! I am so thankful for Godly men who share insights revealed in scripture so that I might learn. I then have the opportunity to think about these sermons all day, and pray through them. If I forget, I have an mp3 player to listen to the sermon all over again if I want. I don't want to take this kind of freedom for granted.

I am so excited to go on the cruise next week. I am excited to learn a bunch from the conference, and also to spend time with Mike and Kim and DJ. Should be fun! I thank God that I do not have to fear what happens because God will, and does work everything for His purpose, His glory and my good. This is freedom!

I love being reminded again and again different things about Jesus. Jesus is truly all-providing, faithful, spotless; His sacrifice was sufficient, the outcome certain. He cannot fail. It is in this Savior that I put my hope. He is the reason I live and breathe. I want to live to "glory in my Redeemer." (Sovereign Grace- they have great worship for a GREATER God.)

Having an aggressive staph infection has not been fun, but God has reminded me again, I lose NOTHING by dying, in fact I GAIN! What have I to fear? Not sin, Not death, Not man, Not Satan. Jesus is my hope. He has paid for my sin, conquered death by rising from the dead, defeating evil through his death, and is the omnipotent One, who will not fail. Jesus! What a Savior!

No comments: