4.29.2010

God's Joy in the Midst of Loss

I decided yesterday it was important for me to write to share with you a great renewing of my heart by God. I have many thoughts jumbling around, so I hope I can express them effectively and bring honor to God. I wanted to write this out to share a bit of my heart.
Tuesday was a very physically painful day, and Wednesday was a very emotional day, because for those of you who don't know, I had a miscarriage. Dispersed in between moments of grief were moments of intense encouragement and joy in Christ. I am so thankful for Jesus' payment on the cross so I don't have to experience eternal pain, damnation and judgment. Thank you God! My physical body hurt so much yesterday, but that wasn't anywhere near what Jesus experienced on the cross. My heart hurts deeply because of the loss of this baby, but nothing even comes close to the pain of being forsaken by God, as Jesus was. Jesus was willingly forsaken so I won't be. He is such a great Savior! I am able to cling to Christ for comfort, and come before Him boldly because He endured the cross for my sins and for the glory of God. Not only have my sins been covered by Christ, but even more, God defeated death by raising Christ from the dead. I also am deeply thankful to God for the incredible opportunity to glorify Him in this difficult circumstance. I do not want to say it is easy, by any stretch of the imagination, but God's grace has been so evident in this time, and I have received such immense comfort from my Savior. What is so important to me in this is that I glorify Christ with the way I love and trust Him, and that I can encourage you to delight and trust in Him as well.

It's hard to say... but I thank God for this miscarriage- it has allowed me to be brought closer to Him, to remember once again how much I need Him, and how much I needed the cross.

I am so glad I can know that this suffering is not just a random event, but will be used for my good and His glory. When I practice rejoicing in suffering, it prepares and reassures me that I will rejoice anew when Jesus comes, because He was the One to suffer most. I hope and pray that this, and any other suffering in my life, will be the Lord's refining of me, removing what He hates, and making me more like Christ. All I can do is trust my Savior, that He will be upon me in suffering, to accomplish His glorious purpose in my life. I know that as I rejoice in suffering, I am declaring that Christ is in me, and I am united with Him. Rejoicing in suffering, though incredibly difficult, is glorifying to God, so that is how I want to live.

I ask that you will pray for me, that the refining fire of suffering will push me to my Savior. Please pray also that I will remember that He reigns, and that I will bring glory to His name in the entirety of my life.

I long for my words to be encouraging to you. I hope and pray that you will delight and rejoice in Christ because He has paid the ultimate price so we can rejoice in our suffering.

No comments: